Goreswar

Guwahati, September 17, 2019:

A massive fire broke out in Baksa’s Goreswar due to a faulty electricity system on Monday.

Support Independent Media

Support us in our efforts to bring authentic, extensive and thorough news coverage from Northeast India. Do support independent media as good journalism can only survive when a media organization is both editorially and financially independent.

Pay for quality news

The fire resulted in the explosion of at least three households LPG cylinders exploded leading the fire to spread.

Also Read: Assam Villagers Allege Anomalies in Road Construction, Threaten Stir

Officials added that massive amount of property worth lakhs was damaged in the fire.

The fire kept on fuming for at least two hours and it was finally brought under control by the fire department in Baksa’s Goreswar.

One of the locals said that the fire started from a faulty connection in a television line. Although the television was turned off, the switchboard caught fire and slowly the entire house was on fire.

Also Read: ‘Science on Wheels’ Exhibition in Assam’s Hailakandi

Although documents and some other important stuff was saved, several other household things were burnt to ashes.

Support Inside Northeast (InsideNE), an independent media platform that focuses on Citizen-centric stories from Northeast India that are surprising, inspiring, cinematic and emotionally relevant.

Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible.

To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.

Download:

The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.

Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.

Share this: