Guwahati, August 15, 2019:
Fish with Bambooshoot is a Naga indigenous cuisine popularly consumed in the Northeastern state of Nagaland.
Support Independent Media
Support us in our efforts to bring authentic, extensive and thorough news coverage from Northeast India. Do support independent media as good journalism can only survive when a media organization is both editorially and financially independent.
Pay for quality news
Fish – 500 gms
Green chillies – 8-10
Garlic – 8-10 cloves
Ginger – 2 inches roughly chopped
Tomatoes – 2 roughly chopped
Bamboo Shoots – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water as required
A handful of chopped coriander leaves
1. At first we will take some green chillies ginger and garlic in a blender.
2. Mix everything in a blender and blend them into a coarse mixture.
3. We will add the fish and all the ingredients except coriander leaves in a pan.
4. Gently mix them all well together.
5. Further we will add required water covering the fish completely. Cover it and bring to boil
6. At this point of time we will not stir the fish and before the water evaporates we will completely check the salt and add some if required.
7. Then let the water evaporate completely and once the water evaporates completely,simmer the heat and add the coriander leaves
8. Gently spread it on the top and let it stand in simmer without the lid for a minute or two and take off the heat. We will keep the pan open and let it cool down completely.
9. This dish is served after completely cool down.
Bamboo Shoots is not easily available but you can try it with tomatoes
Join us as we continue the awareness campaign to preserve the only Ramsar site in Assam which is facing immense threats (A Ramsar site is a wetland site designated to be of international importance under the Ramsar Convention). We need your help to preserve this site of great ecological importance. Join the #LetsSaveDeeporBeel campaign and tweet about it, and do tag us on Twitter. It is time to create awareness.