Dimapur

Dimapur, July 12, 2019:

A fire broke out at around 1:45 am on Friday in Neisatuo Colony at Dimapur in Nagaland, engulfing about 45 houses and damaging over Rs 20 lakhs worth of property.

add add

The inferno, which was reportedly caused by a short circuit, spread quickly but fortunately, no casualties were reported. It took firefighters nearly an hour to douse the fire out completely.

In another fire-related incident, a fire broke out at an operation theatre at a government-run hospital (ESI Hospital in west Delhi’s Basai Darapur) on Friday morning, leading to the rescue of half-a-dozen patients. No one was injured in the blaze, they said.

The fire department said they received a call about the blaze at 9.10 am, after which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire broke out in the ceiling of the operation theatre on the third floor of the hospital after which six patients were rescued to safety, Atul Garg, Chief fire officer said.

The fire started at around 9.20 a.m. in the Employees State Insurance Model Hospital at Basai Darapur and was doused in five minutes by seven fire tenders.

Inside Northeast’s Campaign #LetsSaveDeeporBeel is now supported by Oil India Limited (OIL). Join us as we continue the awareness campaign to preserve the only Ramsar site in Assam which is facing immense threats (A Ramsar site is a wetland site designated to be of international importance under the Ramsar Convention). We need your help to preserve this site of great ecological importance. Join the #LetsSaveDeeporBeel campaign and tweet about it, and do tag us on Twitter. Let’s make some noise!

Download:

The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views and Reviews from Northeast India.

Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.

Share this: