This is a recipe from Nagaland.
Support Independent Media
Support us in our efforts to bring authentic, extensive and thorough news coverage from Northeast India. Do support independent media as good journalism can only survive when a media organization is both editorially and financially independent.
Pay for quality news
Dry Fish 5-6 cut into medium size pieces
Mustard Oil 5-6 tsp (you can use any oil)
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Ginger garlic crushed 2 tsp
Onion 1 large chopped
Green chilly 6-7 slit
Tomato 1 large chopped
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Chilly powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Take the Brinjal and make cuts on them.
- Soak in water and keep aside to further use.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add ginger garlic and fry for a min.
- Add the onions and fry till it turns soft.
- Add tomatoes as fry till mushy.
- Add the masala powders and fry for a min.
- Add the dry fish pieces and stir well with the masalas.
- Cover the pan and fry on low heat stirring frequently for about 10 mins.
- Add the Brinjal and stir well together.
- Cover the pan and further cook for 10-15 mins on low heat stirring frequently till the Brinjal becomes soft and cooked.
Source: North East Guide