Guwahati, April 21, 2019:
Description: Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry is a North Eastern way of cooking chicken in simple spices, with addition of sesame seeds.
• 800 grams Chicken, cut into pieces
• 3 Onions, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoon Ginger, grated
• 1 teaspoon Garlic, crushed
• Salt, to taste
• 1 teaspoon Sugar
• 8 tablespoons Sesame seeds (Til seeds), ground to paste (6 tablespoons paste needed)
• 1 teaspoon Kaffir lime leaves, ground to paste
• 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
• 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
• 1-1/2 teaspoon Fresh Red chillies, ground to paste (Adjust quantity)
• 2 teaspoons Kaffir lime juice
• 2 tablespoons Mustard oil
• 1-1/2 cups Hot water.
How to make Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry?
1. To start preparing Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry, heat mustard oil in a deep bottomed pan or wok.
2. Add the chopped onions and fry for 2 minutes add the ginger and garlic paste and stir fry over low heat until soft and starting to colour.
3. Add the chicken and fry for another 5 minutes. Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt and sugar; mix well.
4. Now add sesame paste and chilli paste and fry well till combined.
5. Add hot water, mix and cover the pan with a lid and simmer till the chicken is cooked and sauce reduced.
6. Simmer until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce, enough to coat the back of the spoon and drip slowly.
7. Then add Kaffir lime leaves paste and juice. Give it a quick stir. Switch off the flame and cover the lid for a few minutes.
8. Serve Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry hot with Jeera rice or plain steamed rice and Kaffir lime Wedges.