DESCRIPTION –This dish is served as accompaniment and also a delicious Chutney made by the people of Nagaland.
DURATION- 20 MINUTES
SERVES – 2 TO 4 PEOPLE
Fish 200 grams
Fermented Bamboo Shoot 250 grams
Green Chilies 7-8 nos
Basil Leaves A few springs
Salt To taste
- For this dish one could use any fish. We will not need the head of the fish. Clean and wash the fish and keep it aside.
- We don’t need the juice of bamboo shoot, drain the juice and rinse it with water.
- Put the fish (whole) in a pan, add bamboo shoot and chilies. Pour some water into it and bring this to a boil, lower the flame and cook till water evaporates.
- Remove the bones from the fish.
- Grind Chilies into a coarse paste and add fish and bamboo shoot and bring to boil again.
- Put salt to taste and add few crushed basil leaves.
- Remove the heat and transfer it to bowl, garnish it with slit green chilies and basil leaves. Serve it as a side dish