woman

Guwahati, November 8, 2018:

A woman died of electrocution in Kampur in Nagaon district of Assam on Thursday.

The woman, Savitarani Sarkar, was electrocuted when she came in contact with a high voltage wire in front of her house.

Locals blamed the Electricity Board for the death of the woman. They said that their requests fell on deaf ears even after repeated complaints to repair the snapped wire. Villagers also staged a protest in front of the Electricity Board.

It may be mentioned that 12 people have  lost their lives in Assam in the past two months due to electrocution.

Share this:

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.