Description: This is a dish of the localites of Tripura.
Serves: 4-5 people
- Bamboo shoot – 500 gms
- Button mushrooms -1cup
- Bitter gourds – 3 medium
- Green peas – 1cup
- French beans – Few
- Green chillies (chopped) – 3 nos.
- Onion (chopped) – 1 large
- Ginger (chopped) – 1 tsp
- Garlic (crushed) – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Bamboo hollow – 1 (big enough to hold the ingredients)
- Banana leaf – 1(8-10 inch)
- Chop the vegetables.
- Mix all ingredients, blend well and place in the bamboo hollow.
- Seal mouth Of the bamboo hollow with 2 layers of foil/ layers of banana leaf.
- Place bamboo over a charcoal fire and cook for about 30 minutes. Turn bamboo from time to time to cook evenly.
- When it is done, open seal, drain out liquid into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Mash vegetables (inside the bamboo hollow itself) to a paste with a wooden spoon. Pour reserved liquid into bamboo again, mix well and empty contents into a bowl. Serve this with steamed rice.