- Fish (any single bone fish) – 500 grams
- Green chillies (chopped finely) – 2 nos
- Onions (chopped finely) – 1 small
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oli – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Banana Leaves – 2
- Clean, wash, drain and pat dry fish.
- Mix green chillies, onions, mustard seeds, a few drops of oil and salt.
- Rub this mixture into the fish. Keep this aside for about 20 minutes.
- Clean banana leaves with a damp cloth. Pass them over fire so as to make them pliable.
- Cut the leaves into suitable pieces (according to the size of the fish).
- Now wrap each fish into a piece of banana leaf to make individual parcel. Tie each packet with a string.
- Heat up a tava really well. Place the packets and cook from both sides. Roast till the leaf is burnt and it starts releasing parcels place them on a plate and serve with steamed rice.